So last night, I decided I should probably clean/unpack my room. (it’s not like I’ve lived there for 5 months or anything) I found my ski jacket which reminded me of the next place on my vacation bucket list.. Lake Tahoe! I’m all amped up for the snow and I even put on my fur gloves and dreamed about how much I want to go there.
First of all, although I don’t have very major skills, I love to ski. There is something so scary but peaceful at the same time as being out on the slopes. Getting to ride on the ski lift and watch people face plant as they get off.. what gets better than that? So as I said earlier, I’m not the greater skier of all time, but I can only hope my time at Lake Tahoe would be just as fun as my first time (minus the snow patrol of course) I would be totally fine with hanging out on the bunny hill all day with the Swedish 2-year-old’s that can’t walk, but they can ski..
So with skiing comes staying in a ski lodge, obviously. I think this is the most exciting part for me. I love to travel, but when you get there an it is just a generic hotel with the usual, skeezy bed sheets and a minibar you have to pay for. What a rip. But when I envision staying in a lodge, it is a log cabin with a wood burning stove inside.. hot cocoa (on demand of course) fluffy blankets and pillows. I could walk around in my tights and legwarmers without people judging me. Now that sounds like vacation to me.
Now I know it seems silly to go from one cold state to another, but the scenery change is just so beautiful and definitely worth the trip. The last thing on my agenda would definitely be just to do legitimate sight seeing. I know that seems like something you would do anywhere that you go, and that is probably true.. but I’m not sure that they could compete with these:
These pictures remind me the most important reason that people go to Lake Tahoe.. duh! THE CLARITY OF THE WATER! It is the second deepest lake in the United States and the clarity level is 70 feet! That is so crazy and BEAUTIFUL, I’m sure! I’m such a nerd for facts, but I think this is definitely somewhere that I want to check out.
So as promised, here is the first post of my fantasy mini-travel series. My first stop would have to be a place that is cheesy to the max, but I just want to experience it one time.. LAS VEGAS. As a kid, I would watch the movie Vegas Vacation over and over again with my cousin Lynn, and laugh everytime. Ever since then, I’ve wanted to go there and try to have just as crazy of a time.. probably a little more fun than Vegas Vacation but a little less fun than The Hangover ( I’m not trying to find a tiger in my hotel room or pull my own tooth out)
I know that this seems like a really typical place to pick and it is in no way out of the ordinary, but there are so many things that I think I would love about it that aren’t the same reasons as everyone else. What I mean by this is that I don’t even gamble.. I’ve been in a casino ONCE — and I hated it. So now this post is probably even more confusing.. but I might consider gambling if there was drinking involved.. Anyway, here are the reasons I want to go.
1. ALL OF THE LIGHTS. There is something about the neon lights that make my heart race (or I’m probably about to have a seizure, whatever) but I still just love them. Plus, I want to stand on the top of a limo like Weezy in the Lollipop music video.
2. I (probably would) love extreme rollercoasters! I can’t say for sure if I would, but I can only assume..
3. I like to stay up late. Considering everything is open 24 hours.. this seems like the perfect location for this. There is nothing more frustrating than being bored at 3 a.m. and just going home.. in Vegas there are a million things that I could still be doing — which is legit.
4. It’s one of those: do-whatever-without-judgement type of places. I guarantee that there is someone doing something more stupid than I would be, but I could still probably be belligerent and not even come close to being “out of control” by Vegas standards.
5. I love dressing up and wearing ridiculous clothes. So I definitely have the most out of control, random pieces of clothing that are inappropriate to wear at almost all times, and I think that anything I could wear wouldn’t even come close to the outfits of other people in Vegas. I love sparkles, glitter, neon colors, over-sized headbands, giant cocktail rings.. you know the usual. I’ll fit right in with the showgirls..
So I guess the reasons I want to go there are to let loose, do what I feel and wear crazy clothes.
So every single day I get an e-mail from both LivingSocial and Groupon. They have amazing deals, but it seems that they always taunt me with luxurious getaways for peanuts on the dollar. Every time I read these, I get my hopes up and try to convince myself that vacation really isn’t that expensive (and who really pays their student loans anyway? Oh wait.. ) So alas, I delete the e-mails as to not give myself any sort of glimmering chance that I’m going anywhere.
Now, I do have to say.. I have traveled quite a bit in college. BUT most importantly, I didn’t turn 21 until my senior year, so even though I’ve been a bunch of places, I didn’t get to experience any cool bars or “adult” things. So I’ve decided to keep myself dreaming of all the places I’d like to go and start a series on my blog called, “Where am I Going Wednesdays”.
I took it upon myself to create a list of destinations (in the U.S. for now) that I really would like to visit.. and I’m going to write about one each week to try to quench my vacation thirst. It probably won’t work, but at least I can gawk at other people’s pretty pictures and pretend like I went there.. So watch out for my new series starting next week!