You know what I’m really bad at? Waiting for other people. I hate it. If I could be Atlas and put the weight of the world on my shoulders, I would do it. Alas, there are so many things that I can’t do or don’t know how and I need to rely on others to help carry some of that weight sometimes. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m no martyr and I definitely don’t know it all, but sometimes I wish I did. It seems like there are never enough hours in the day to do all of the things that run through my crazy little brain constantly.
Travel. Volunteer. Work. Start a business. Get in shape. Bake more. Cook more. An endless list of things on my “to-do” radar. Seriously, an endless list. I have calendar upon calendar, post it notes in every sweater, jean, legging, purse.. pretty much anywhere a small piece of paper can be stuck — you’ll find one. Doing laundry is a real hassle when you constantly have reminder notes in your pockets and allergies which results in 1000 tissues up your sleeve like an old woman. Anyway, as usual, here I am getting side tracked.
I’ve decided to enact a few new initiatives in my life to try to somehow on Earth get all of these things finished.
1. Wake up earlier. This. will. be. the. death. of. me. Hardest task on my list for sure. No joke. I value my sleep like none other. However, I could get so many more things accomplished before work, which would result in a much easier and less hectic life for me.
2. Waking up earlier means spending more quality time with the love of my life… Weiner dog. Seriously, love this little guy. If it ever gets nice out again, although it seems to be eternal winter (snow.. in April!?) we are going to start going for walks. I can be a morning person.. I hope.
3. Volunteer at least once a week. I’ve become a caring companion volunteer for a hospice center, and this is really close to my heart and I’m working really hard to pay forward all of the support people gave me when I was going through rough times, but honestly, I’ll never be able to repay all of the things people have done for me.
4. Make coffee drinks at home every morning. I know, I know.. You’re probably like whaaa? this girl be crazy and what does this have to do with anything. Well, lemme tell ya. If I have to get up earlier, I might as well start my day off right and instead of spending $4.00 a day on mochas, I’ll learn how to make them at home. Chocolate and espresso.. yes, please!
5. Don’t skip any opportunities to spend time with the people I love. I do this one as best as I can already, but I just want to make sure it’s on my list to keep it up.. forever. Friends and family are the bread and butter that keep me going, so I want to make sure that I cherish them as much as I can and have no regrets about wishing I spent more time with them.
Ugh, so sappy.. I know. I vommed a little in my mouth reading my own post. Where the shit is the sentimental-ness coming from.. Anywho, here I go again on my own.. going down the only road I’ve ever known.. oh wait, that’s Whitesnake lyrics. How did those sneak into this post? I definitely should’ve been around in the 80s.