I seriously have the patience of a 5-year-old. When I know I’m going on a vacation, even if it’s only for a weekend, I have ZERO focus.. Since most of my friends moved away after graduation I seem to be doing quite a lot of traveling these days and I LOVE it. Even if it is only a couple of hours away, vacation is vacation. All I can think about this week is the fact that in 9 days I’m going to be on a plane to visit one of my favorite people EVER (shout out to Patrick Charapata) in Maine. Before I go on any trip, I like to read about where I’m going and make a really ridiculous list of things that I want to do there. So here I come Bar Harbor, Maine.. I hope you can accomodate my requests..
1. Get really drunk in the airport. I have a 3 hour layover in New York, PLUS I recently found out that you can take mini-bottles in your carry on! How great is that?
2. Walk onto Bar Island at low tide. So apparently there is this island that is only accessible during the low tide by walking on like a sandbar path, so freaking cool!
(okay that isn’t it.. but you get the idea)
3. Meet a local lobster fisherman. Strangers love talking to me, so I’m going to try to meet the most interesting person out there… and befriend them. If not a dog in a lobster costume will also suffice.
4. Eat as many strange seafood things as I can. Calamari? pssh, been there. I want something really strange like.. well, I’m not sure! But hopefully they’ve invented it.
5. Listen to so much country music that Greg Hendricks wants to kill me. This one will be the easiest for sure.. and to be honest, probably the most entertaining. He’ll probably make a face like this:
Oh wait, that’s Justin Bieber not Greg.. Oops. (It’ll probably be a similar looking face anyway, just more angry-like)
I’m sure the list will get longer as the days get closer, but for now..
Prepare yourself Maine, I mean business!