So now that Halloween is over that means only 55 days until the most magical day of the year: December 25.. Oh wait, I mean CHRISTMAS!!!! Yayyy! It’s not like there are any real holidays in between now and then anyway.. jeeze. I don’t care if people think I’m crazy, I love everything about this time of year. So here is a list of reasons that I love the holiday season and think you should to.
1. We are in Wisconsin which means.. we are not too far off from SNOW! I know a bunch of you cringed when you read that, but let’s get real — you live in W-i-s-c-o-n-s-i-n people.. it is expected and if you hate it that much.. you should probably move away.. I , on the other hand, am so amped up about the snow I can barely contain my excitement!
Plus — Snow = the possibility of no work.. and who doesn’t love a good snow day.. that opens up the door to a world of fun possibilities which is like a whole other list.. but includes: sledding, snowmen, hot chocolate, mittens..
2. I love love love Christmas music. There is something about it that just makes me feel better no matter what kind of mood I’m in. There is just something about Wham! that should cheer everyone up.
3. You can put up over the top, ridiculous decorations. If you know me, then you know that I love to be ridiculous and over the top all the time, some call it dramatic.. I call it pizazz.. same thing right? Who doesn’t love sparkly reindeer and neon candy canes!? I’m so excited to be able to fill my house with all kinds of crafts and cute little details.. which brings me to another good point..
4. Holiday season = more craft fairs! Once you get past all of the cat sweaters and weird homemade things that someone clearly made in their basement and smell like White Diamonds.. YOU CAN FIND SOME AWESOME THINGS! With people’s strangeness also comes creativity and once in a while you can find something really worthwhile. I’m a sucker for ornaments, so that is my weakness for sure..
5. Delicious delicious delicious holiday treats that will make you gain a million pounds but you just don’t care because it was worth it. I could go on and on all day about all the delectable cookies, cakes, cider, egg nog, and every other special treat that comes around this time of year.. but I’m sure you all have something in mind yourself that just really gets you in that holiday spirit.
6. All of the lights! I don’t know if it is the little kid in me, but I’m fairly certain I’ll never get over looking at Christmas lights. There is just something so magical about them.. like when you can see them from outside of your house hanging on your perfectly trimmed Christmas tree with every ribbon and bow in its proper place — it makes me want to melt. I know I sound like a total cheese-ball right now (which are also delicious) but for me this holiday means something really special.
So call me crazy, call me Nickie.. whatever you prefer.. but I’m going to continue to be excited about Christmas because it gives me something to look forward to and most importantly one of my favorite parts of the holiday season is GIVING GIFTS. I know most people love to get presents, but I actually feel really awkward when people give me things, so I LOVE the opposite. Wrapping presents and seeing the look on someone’s face when you buy them something they really want gives you the best warm fuzzy butterfly feeling every single time.